Child support has been a big part of our lives for the last seven or so years.
Between us, we have five kids, the modern day merged family.
We have been on both sides of the equation as paying parents, and receiving.
The current child support system is, in our opinion, extremely unfair in many cases. Our aim is to highlight the inadequacies and advocate a fairer child support system.
Some of our biggest pain points are
- Exes that don’t pay child support
- How if our ex is on a benefit the money we pay goes to the government not our kids
- Child support formula in general
- How the amount we pay to support our kids, is based on income not on what kids cost
- How there is nothing in place to ensure child support money is spent on the kids
And much much more..
If you are anything like us you have a few war stories to tell about exes, IRD and child support formulas so pull up a chair – and share your story. You are among friends!
Our most popular posts are
- IRD’s Own Household Expenditure Guide Makes Mockery of Child Support Living Allowance
- NZ IRD Child Support Formula 2015 – What The IRD Got Wrong
- How is One Child Worth More Than Another?
Join us on Facebook! and make sure you sign up to our mailing list so you don’t miss important updates.